To apply, email your resume and references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the Position Title in the subject line or stop by the Food Bank of the Albemarle located at 109 Tidewater Way, Elizabeth City Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm to complete a job application. Do not send inquiries or resumes to Food Bank of the Albemarle Board Members or staff.
We will contact the candidates whose background and experience most closely match our qualifications.
The Food Bank of the Albemarle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FOOD BANK OF THE ALBEMARLE
Position Title: Food Sourcing Coordinator
Position: Full-Time Hourly $17.50 per hour plus benefits
(some evening & weekend work required)
Reports to: Food Sourcing Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Job Qualifications: Proven experience in fresh produce industry – category management, procurement, and/or distribution preferred; food industry, logistics or account sales. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel and spreadsheet management computer experience required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Background in food safety/product handling requirements preferred.
The Food Sourcing Coordinator is directly responsible for coordination and communication of food donation accounts with community partners, stores, manufacturers, farmers and product brokers. The Food Sourcing Coordinator makes weekly donor contacts, including timely follow-up and resolution to inactive and problematic donors.
Oversight of other Persons/Positions: Supervise volunteers in the performance of clerical/administrative duties.
Principal Activities of the Position:
- Clearance through a North Carolina Criminal Record check provided by applicant.
- Valid North Carolina Drivers License with a driving record provided by applicant.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- All Employees must adhere to “Drug and Alcohol Policy” and all other Food Bank policies.
- Willingness to pursue appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Support organizational goals & objectives to secure fresh produce for our member agencies, State Association and Feeding America network.
- Communicate with Feeding America food banks who have Food Sourcing Staff to ensure quality standards, evaluate needs, and assist coordinating local, state and national donations to develop standard operating procedures.
- Manage invoicing, VAP, transportation and donor communications when & where indicated in SOP.
- Able to manage time to maximize effectiveness to ensure donor needs are addressed with a sense of urgency.
- Provide professional, responsive and appreciative customer service to all food industry partners, donors, and co-workers.
- Assists Food Sourcing Manager with administrative responsibilities. This includes coordinating community food drives.
- Develop educational information & tailored material for targeted donors who are interested in donating.
- Maintains a donor recognition program.
- Develops and maintains a donor thank you letter that acknowledges contribution.
- Collaborates with Operations staff to make the most efficient use of transportation and other logistics needed for handling donations that includes utilizing available technology platforms, including commercial carriers.
- Track and report on donations by current donors, return of lapsed donors, and prospects turned to donors. Additionally, track donations by commodities/categories.
- Provides monthly status reports on food donor activity.
- Responsible for monitoring and development of donor to agency connections.
- Participates in Fundraising events.
- Attend food safety classes and receive ServSafe certification. Keep certification current.
- Will complete Certified in Food Resources training through Feeding America.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work harmoniously with all other departments/staff.
- Work closely with the Warehouse and Agency Relations team.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Self-starter who can work independently and effectively under minimal supervision. Solution driven. Ability to communicate effectively with employees/volunteers and interact professionally with the public. Proficiency in the performance of data entry, database management and word processing. Some experience with desktop publishing. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks and concurrent projects. Honesty, integrity and commitment to the Food Bank’s mission.
Participate in staff meetings, strategic planning, travel to other Food Banks, travel for training for conferences and special events.
This job description may be subject to modification to reflect changes in the requirements or functions of the position.
- Ensures all Safety and Sanitation rules are followed by all personnel and in compliance with Feeding America, AIB and Food Bank of the Albemarle operating guidelines, regulations and policies.
- Standing member of the Food Safety Committee and leads the Recall Committee.